I find that I'm needing to point up more problems with our "elected" governments under the "two party" system.
"the SNP, despite being in power over the last 14 years, has an unparalleled record of failure in every policy area"
"We the people" of Scotland elected these guys and "we the people" need to fix the problem.
So what is the problem?
The obvious possibilities include:
- The personnel are incompetent
- The SNP team in government is badly led
- There may be corruption - it is always a possibility where egos and taxation money meet or potentially meet
- We shouldn't forget that the two-party system enables Party donors (rather than the citizens whom the parliamentarians nominally represent) to call the shots.
Reform is needed.
Perhaps the local constituency should be given:
- the power to recall their representative
- the responsibility to set and fund his salary and expenses
It might concentrate minds wonderfully. Expect seriously entrenched resistance.